Tuesday 9 February 2010

Vectors


It's been a fun weekend wandering around London with my cousin and his girlfriend. To resume blog life I thought of uploading character design tests I did entirely in flash to practice vector drawing.

The girl (it's a girl) with the builder helmet is only drawn but the gap-toothed kid is made in pieces so it's animation ready. Vector drawing (as I see it) seems much less intuitive than in Photoshop, it feels like being an architect 'building' a drawing in Auto Cad. However, it has something knacky that reminded me of my Lego youth.

1 comment:

  1. Cool stuff! It's certainly different building work in Flash or Illustrator especially for animation. Stick these two on one of your enviroments and you've got the start of your own animated story!!

    ReplyDelete